Posts filed under ‘Healthy Baking’
We wanted to share some Healthy Baking Tips to help you with your holiday baking. Hope you find them helpful.
1. Reduce sugars in your recipes. You can replace with spices such as vanilla bean, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
2. Replace part or all of the oil in your recipe with fruit puree such as applesauce or unsweetened pineapples.
3. Bake with healthier fats using vegetable oils such as canola oil for less saturated and trans fat.
4. Swap frosting for fruit slices or pureed fruit.
5. Use one whole egg with two egg whites to reduce cholesterol.
6. Use whole-grain flours instead of refined white flours for additional fiber and nutrients.
7. Enhance the flavor and antioxidants in your recipes by adding dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins, prunes and cherries.